May 10, 2011, 9:32 PM EST
when the LA Galaxy pull into PPL Park on Wednesday night without him.
Bruce Arena made the call to sit Beckham for the mid-week showdown with
Philadelphia, which falls between consecutive weekend matches for LA. I don’t
know if Galaxy teammate Landon Donovan was cracking jokes at Beckham’s
expense, just speaking the truth, or a combination of both, but he is in
the early lead for best quip at Beckham’s resting.
you have to travel the way we do — cross-country for a game like this —
you can’t expect someone his age to play three games in a week.”
the Galaxy’s captain and leading scorer, thinks the team will be OK
without Beckham. Aside from wanting to see the celeb star play in
Chester for the first time since last summer, the absence of Beckham
also means the Galaxy will be without one of the all-time masters of set
pieces and free kicks. Kevin Kinkead reminds us that not only did the
Galaxy’s lone goal in their previous 1-0 win over the Union this season
come off a Beckham set piece, but all of the goals allowed by the
Union have come either directly off a free kick or as a result of a
failed clear after one.
The result tomorrow night is what’s most important, but we’d have rather
seen Beckham out there for it. Plus, with the Lakers out of the
playoffs, who knows what he’ll do with the downtime.
Union boss Peter Nowak won’t be here for this game either, instead traveling to his native Poland to play in a charity game.
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Robert Matthews on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages