Feb 8, 2012, 10:38 AM EST
quick look at some minor Philadelphia Union stories: A peek at the new
jerseys in the wild, Jack McInerney’s new number, a nickname idea, and a
site for sore eyes in Orlando.
Pro League Athletic has tweeted the following pictures of the Union’s new replica jerseys:
See the home version below, plus a few more Union stories in brief.
As we’ve seen before, the first one is certainly a different look
from both the gold-dominated and all-white kits from the previous two
seasons, while the second looks fairly similar to their existing primary
gear, although with obvious updates. Still interesting to see that the
kits on sale at the Union’s site
appear slightly different than this version and the one on
WorldSoccerShop.com. Probably just a photo file difference and not a
material one. Thoughts on the new look? Parts you like, elements you
Now to the players who’ll be wearing them, although this next story is still uniform-heavy…
Sebastien Le Toux already seeing preseason friendly action wearing a
Vancouver Whitecaps crest, his number 9 was open on the Philadelphia
Union. Not for long though, as Jack McInerney took to twitter today to
announce he’d be wearing it in 2012.
Fear not, fans who bought his previous number 19 version. Jack Mac says
not to worry, he will let you know how it can be taken care of soon.
Doubtful there is a Le Toux jersey contingency plan though, though
you’ll never catch any flack at PPL Park for wearing dated gear. Le Toux
jerseys will be timeless.
Now, a bit of slightly old news, but great news nonetheless. The
Union began the week by announcing that Danny Mwanga and Keon Daniel
would join the team for training in Orlando. We knew Mwanga would be
back, as he was just off visiting with Aston Villa for 10 days of
training. Keon… we weren’t sure what would happen. After he left the
club to play with his Trinidad and Tobago national team, he never
returned, with various rumors swirling as to why (apparently a visa
issue was the culprit).
This is great news to us, as Daniel is a Level favorite. We’d love to
see him get more minutes in 2012, but for now we’re just happy he’s with
the club at all. Hopefully he’ll be an even bigger contributor after
gaining experience with his national team.
Philly Soccer Page wonders about a nickname for the Union, proposing
“the Snakes.” Even after a particularly Premiership-heavy weekend, it
hadn’t dawned on me that the Union didn’t have a separate nickname. I
guess, as the post suggests, “the Union” and “the U” were enough. Zolos
is also pretty solid, rooted in the team’s history forever. But I like
PSP’s idea for a light offseason day post, so feel free to shout any you
might have, either here or there. [Philly Soccer Page]
And finally, Kerith Gabriel says we can expect the Union to make the signing of Lionard Pajoy official sometime today.
Hat tip to Steve Moore for the jersey pics.
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Robert Matthews on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ericsaxon35 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages