Mar 1, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT
The footage isn’t the best, but below is a video found by The Brotherly Game showing the Philadelphia Union getting into a scrap with Belen FC, a Costa Rican team with whom they’d arranged a friendly.
Check it out:
As you can see, it’s not the quality of the footage that’s the problem, but the choice editing, which seems to leave out quite a bit. Michael Farfan appears to get shoved, after which he clearly puts a hard tackle attempt on a Belen player.
What better way to do take out some frustration than a sliding scissor tackle on an opponent?
All 22 players come together, the benches clear, and a soccer melee ensues. As for the fight itself, it wasn’t the biggest deal. Through two periods at the Flyers-Isles game, we’ve seen similar fracases a few times, but it’s admittedly rare for soccer.
Kessler put it well:
Daniel throws the ball at an opposing player. Brian Carroll bounces
around like he’s in a mosh pit. Zac MacMath comes in and just about
suplexes somebody. Fortunately there were no tridents handy.
Overall, not the worst thing to happen in a preseason outing for a club that could probably benefit from some team-building after some key departures. We could not really see him anywhere in the video, but we’re guessing the
opposing coach wanted no part of Peter Nowak. The Belen coach did not
want to learn about impact (IMPACT? What do you mean by Impact?) from
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|The Green Hornet on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money