Mar 14, 2013, 9:15 PM EST
Longtime Philadelphia sports fans and soccer heads alike are surely familiar with Heather Mitts. The former know her first as the wife of former Eagles quarterback A.J. Feeley while the latter know her for scoring goals and winning gold medals on the pitch for the U.S. National Team. Mitts will be joining the Union’s television broadcasts as a pregame and sideline reporter this season. She’ll also have a role as a soccer ambassador.
Mitts recently hung up her cleats after suiting up in 137 matches for the United States. You can read a pretty touching retirement message she posted on her Facebook page yesterday right here.
very excited about my involvement and position with the Philadelphia
Union,” said Mitts. “I can’t wait to be on the sidelines, reporting at
the game this weekend against the New England Revolution and am eager to
be an ambassador for the club as well. I really enjoy Nick Sakiewicz’s
philosophy and together we look forward to helping the game grow here in
the Philadelphia area.”
We’ve certainly mentioned her plenty in the past here on the Level. She was ESPN Page2′s hottest female athlete a couple years back. She looked lovely on her and A.J.’s wedding day in Mexico back in 2010. She was also honored at halftime of an Eagles game back in 2008 while rocking her gold medal.
I’m obviously not a huge soccer head like some of you folks but a seriously beautiful woman with legit soccer bonafides and old ties to Philadelphia sounds like a great hire to me. Any soccer junkies want to chime in?
|Andrew Unterberger on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|psudrozz on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
|Mat on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|Rusty on Eagles officially the hottest…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages