Jun 23, 2011, 7:52 AM EST
On our walk into PPL Park for last night’s match between the Union and Sporting KC, we noticed no less than three Secret Service vehicles parked near outside an entrance to the stadium and wondered who was in attendance that might warrant that. I’m still not sure exactly who it was, but there were some deserving special guests in The River End last night, as you can see here. On the left is Stu Holden of the US Mens National Team (and player of the year for Bolton Wanderers), and on the right, Hugh Jackman (aka James Howlett aka Logan aka Wolverine aka Weapon X).
I couldn’t see either from our seats (other than on the screen), but on the way back from getting some refreshments, I ran into Holden on his way out of The River End. His handlers allowed me near enough to him to say hello, shake hands, and confirm that he smelled good, like a winner. Sadly there were no photographers at the ready, but he’ll no doubt always remember our lengthy discussion: “Yo Stu!” “Hey!”
Both guys let their legions of twitter followers know they had a good time at the match and gave Philly soccer some proppers. Shame we couldn’t have gotten them a W, although Holden said in a tweet that “Philly dominated the game massively.” If only on the scoreboard, Stu. Yo.
Photo via @stuholden on Twitter.
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|somekat on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages