Sep 16, 2013, 4:05 PM EST
I spent a lot of time at sporting events over the weekend and no other play left me scratching my head more than the goal from the Philadelphia Union that was later whistled away. But what happened on Keon Daniel’s free kick that landed in the back of the net but was never counted as a goal? How can they call offsides when nobody else touched the ball? Was it even an offsides call? What was the call? So many questions.
CSNPhilly.com contributor Ryan Bright attempted to explain the explanation over the weekend:
“I think he said I was offsides, then he said I was obstructing the goalie,” Okugo said. “He has to make a decision. If it’s offsides, it’s offsides. If it’s obstruction, it’s obstruction. Keon played a great ball and the goalkeeper misread it. I was the closest guy to him.”
Kadlecik worked to explain the play in detail.
“When the ball was played, the Union player was judged to be offsides, so therefore he was penalized for being offsides on that play,” Kadlecik said. “The offsides player interfered with the keeper. It didn’t matter if it was physical or not. If they’re offsides, they are interfering with play.”
Got that? No? Yeah, me neither.
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages