Aug 26, 2011, 12:46 PM EST
The hurricane that is swirling out over the Atlantic Ocean could really put a damper on sporting events this weekend up and down the entire East Coast. The Philadelphia Union’s game scheduled for Sunday against the New England Revolution has already been pushed back to September 7th, and the Phillies have moved their Sunday game to a Saturday 1:05 start.
With the way weather forecasts are currently looking, Friday night’s Phillies-Marlins game may actually be the only one they squeeze in before the rains come.
We’ll keep you abreast of all changes in the sporting schedule. Otherwise, be sure to stock up on milk, bread, whiskey, and beer. Could be a long weekend in doors without power.
Also of note, Mayor Nutter just announced that SEPTA will shut down ALL operations at midnight Saturday evening.
Cliff Lee artwork by the great Alright Mike
|Chris on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages