Aug 9, 2012, 4:46 PM EST
The United States Women’s National Soccer Team is golden.
South Jersey native and Rutgers graduate Carli Lloyd scored both goals in the U.S.’s 2-1 win over Japan in the gold medal match on Thursday afternoon.
Carli is from just across the river in Delran, New Jersey, a place she still calls home. You can actually watch Carli give you a tour of it below courtesy of the USSoccer.com.
“I’ll always be a Jersey girl,” Carli says after giving a glimpse into her life.
She’ll always be an Olympic hero as well.
Photo Caption: Aug 9, 2012; London, United Kingdom; USA midfielder
Carli Lloyd (left) is congratulated by teammates after scoring a goal
during the women’s soccer gold medal match in the 2012 London Olympic
Games at Wembley Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY
|White Catholic NE Ph… on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Ken on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|willh888 on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Kevin V on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages