Nov 6, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter has been spending some time in London this week in an attempt to get some British businesses to think of Philly when looking for cities to work in in the future. He also apparently saw some bridges and towers and princes and whatnot, and maybe attempted to drum up some tourism excitement. We’ve got bells and pretzels and places that document the deep history of telling the British to bug off.
He also had this photo op with former British Prime Minister Tony Blair in which he presented him with a Philadelphia Union jersey. The folks on the other side of the pond are rather into that soccer / futbol game.
Photo courtesy Luke Butler in the Mayor’s office via the Union (soccer team)
UPDATE: There were many teams represented. Like the Phillies!
— Phillies (@Phillies) November 6, 2013
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return