Oct 4, 2011, 8:08 PM EDT
The Union’s Sebastian Le Toux has emerged from a first half scoring draught in a huge way, racking up 8 goals in his last nine games after scoring just one from March until August. Seven of his goals came in the six matches the U played in September.
Much of the Union’s attack has centered on setting the Frenchman up to beat opposing back lines with his speed, and it’s worked fairly well of late. Even when he wasn’t finding the net, Le Toux has been one of the most valuable players on the field and certainly among the hardest working, continuing an outstanding two-year career with the team. As a result of his huge September, he leads the team in goals and assists, and he’s played in every minute of every game so far. For someone who sprints the pitch the way he does, that is simply amazing. We get tired just standing the whole night, and downright winded climbing the stairs to the Captain Morgan Deck.
Congrats to Seba on a well-deserved acknowledgement by the North American Soccer Reporters.
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money