May 28, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Barca. ManU. Both teams won their domestic league. Both teams feature a veritable who’s who of footballing talent. Barcelona’s La Masia trained three man symphony of Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta lead the way for the La Liga champions. ManU is led by the ageless Ryan Giggs, the now traditional 10-shirt wearing Wayne Rooney, and El Tri’s Chicharito.
Those are the headliners, but this game figures to be won in the trenches by guys like Carlos Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Ferdinand, Vidic, and Carrick.
My wishes for this match? First, that the referee does not repeat the debacle from the World Cup Final. Second, that Fox does not completely butcher their coverage. I winced when I read that Michael Strahan was going to be involved. I appreciate the attention Fox is giving this game, but please don’t turn this into a caricature of an NFL broadcast.
Who do you have? Barca or United?
|ochospantalones on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|meankoalas on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return