Mar 11, 2012, 12:42 PM EST
In his time with Seattle, Sebastien Le Toux wasn’t a star. Perhaps positionally misplaced at times, Seba wouldn’t realize his full MLS potential until after being left unprotected in the expansion draft, when the Union brought him to Philadelphia. A tireless work rate quickly saw him emerge as a fan favorite, and when his two years with the team came to an end, he owned just about every club offensive record.
So how would a change of scenery affect him the second time around? If his first match action with the Vancouver Whitecaps is any indication, ain’t a damn thing changed. Watch as Seba opens his account for 2012:
Le Toux typical.
Running his ass off, in perfect position to be on the long end of a field-stretching pass and headed volley, then pulls the goalie off his angle like a cat after a string.
Sure, it was only Montreal, but we’ve seen that before and we’ll see it again. Whether the Union have replaced Le Toux’s scoring or not, he’ll be missed. Nice to see him enjoying his new digs, and I’m even a little glad he took a shot not only at his former club and manager, but also his former teammates. Makes it easier to turn the page on him than had he gone out on the high road.
March 31 should be interesting…
Read more on Le Toux’s fresh start in Vancouver at The Goalkeeper.
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages