Mar 19, 2012, 12:23 PM EST
The action on the field wasn’t what the Union fans wanted to see in the home opener on Sunday afternoon at PPL Park in Chester, PA, but the poor performance from the home eleven didn’t entirely spoil a beautiful day along the water.
The weather was absolutely spectacular for the middle of March which made for some perfect tailgating. Cold beers, grilled dogs, and kicking a ball around in the lots made for a festive atmosphere. Unfortunately, the Union are clearly going through some growing pains and failed to take advantage of their extra man for much of the second half, falling 2-1 to the Rapids.
Much of the Level crew was down there for the action and I took the below panorama from the seats I’ll be sitting in for just about half of the Union’s home games this season. [360 panorama below]
Not a bad view, eh?
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages