Mar 19, 2012, 12:23 PM EDT
The action on the field wasn’t what the Union fans wanted to see in the home opener on Sunday afternoon at PPL Park in Chester, PA, but the poor performance from the home eleven didn’t entirely spoil a beautiful day along the water.
The weather was absolutely spectacular for the middle of March which made for some perfect tailgating. Cold beers, grilled dogs, and kicking a ball around in the lots made for a festive atmosphere. Unfortunately, the Union are clearly going through some growing pains and failed to take advantage of their extra man for much of the second half, falling 2-1 to the Rapids.
Much of the Level crew was down there for the action and I took the below panorama from the seats I’ll be sitting in for just about half of the Union’s home games this season. [360 panorama below]
Not a bad view, eh?
|willh888 on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|red2gold on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return