Aug 4, 2011, 8:17 AM EDT
Trying to erase the memory of an ugly last outing in Delco their last time out, the Union put another point on their 2011 total to keep pace in a tight top of the Eastern Conference table last night in Chicago. They weren’t able to hold on to a first half lead though, with the Fire tying things up for good in the early stages of the second half.
Union fans who were disappointed at the sudden and odd departure of finishing threat Carlos Ruiz got some momentary reprieve when fellow journeyman striker Veljko Paunovic opened the scoring with a long left-footer in the 34th minute:
Unfortunately, the U weren’t able to build on that lead and put away the struggling Fire. The Pavel Pardo soap opera had a great episode when the newly acquired midfielder took advantage of some chaos in front of Faryd Mondragon and equalized for Chicago.
Full highlights below. As you’ll see, the game wasn’t without its good chances for both sides. Mondragon had a huge save on Dominic Oduro at about 5:40 of the video, 60:00 of the game time. Not included in the video is Danny Mwanga’s extra time dance, when all Philly soccer supporters were likely screaming SHOOT and firing things around their living rooms when he didn’t.
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money