Jan 18, 2012, 12:11 PM EDT
Some really shocking news could be breaking in the near future after soccer insider Ives Galarcep just tweeted that the Union are working on a deal to sell the face of the franchise, Sebastien LeToux, to a European Club.
Not only has LeToux been the franchise’s best player ever, he’s also a tireless worker on the pitch and has endeared himself to the Philadelphia fanbase. His departure would be the first real personnel blow to the fanbase that even the casual soccer fans would be upset by.
The Philadelphia Union are preparing to sell star striker Sebastien LeToux to a European club. Story coming on Fox Soccer. #Wow
— Ives Galarcep (@SoccerByIves) January 18, 2012
UPDATE: Here’s the story on Fox Sports:
Philadelphia star striker Sebastien LeToux arrived in England on
Tuedsay night ahead of a potential transfer to Bolton, United
Kingdom-based sources told FOX Soccer Wednesday morning. The Union
are prepared to sell the 28-year-old French striker in a move that
would allow Philadelphia to keep young attacker Danny Mwanga,
around whom trade rumors have recently circulated. The move would
also free the funds needed to replace the all-star LeToux.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money