Rome Soccer Thugs with ‘knives, brass knuckles, belts and iron bars’ Make Philly Sports Fan Look Like Mother Theresa
Nov 26, 2012, 12:18 PM EST
There’s fans throwing down with some fisticuffs at a football game and then there are European soccer hooligans planning anti-Semetic attacks on opposing team’s fans. A trio of local college kids studying abroad got caught up in an awful scene in Rome over the weekend.
The Daily News’ Bill Bender has the story:
The Telegraph said the attack at The Drunken Ship pub was
“meticulously planned” by up to 50 Italian “ultras” armed with knives,
brass knuckles, belts and iron bars. The pub, located in Rome’s Campo de
Fiori square, is popular among expatriates and foreign students, the
British newspaper reported.
That’s just stupid.
It sounds like the Swarthmore kids will be okay, but this goes to show you to never trust anyone whose last name ends in a vowel who also cares too much about sports.
>>Rome Soccer Thugs attack Swarthmore trio [Daily News]
|Andrew Unterberger on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|psudrozz on The 12 best photos from the Ea…|
|Mat on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|Rusty on Eagles officially the hottest…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages