Sep 8, 2011, 11:27 AM EST
After the first half of last night’s Union game against the New England Revolution at PPL Park, many fans were uttering profanities as rapidly as the Revs were putting balls past Zac MacMath. Confidence levels in the Philly soccer team were dropping like the barometric pressure before another hurricane, but one thing helped change all of that. There’s simply no quit in the Union’s game. They showed again last night that they’ll fight ’til the bitter end for a point. [full video highlights below]
The team needed a win pretty badly, and it looked for a long while like they were in store for an absolute thrashing, but Le Toux led an impressive second-half charge that brought them back from down 3 goals and earned them a point.
Although they didn’t get the three points they desperately wanted, the fight to the finish may be a huge boost to a struggling team that has another match coming at home this weekend. It was also just an impressive feat to watch. Down three goals, most teams roll over and start watching the clock tick towards 90. Not this squad.
And Freddy Adu netted his first goal for the Union on a sweet ball from Danny Mwanga.
photo from the Union Facebook page
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|ochospantalones on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages