May 4, 2011, 11:36 PM EDT
Move over Bob Costas, Dan Patrick, Bill Cowher, Jerome Bettis, *Izel Jenkins, *Tom Dempsey’s flat-front kicker cleat, *both of the ACL’s Wendell Davis left behind on the Vet turf, and the rest of the 173 other people who are part of the NBC Football Night in America crew (*not actually a member of the show). Fox Soccer Channel kicks off their very own Soccer Night in America this Friday. The first game in this new Friday/Saturday night package features the Union as they travel to the Pacific Northwest to face the expansion Portland Timbers.
Fox Soccer, apparently immune to the jam as much talent as you can on a television set epidemic, will keep their numbers low with a modest cast of four. Eric Wynalda and Christopher Sullivan (and his strangely hypnotizing accent) will handle pregame, halftime, and postgame duties. Union play-by-play man JP Dellacamera will call the action as Kyle Martino provides commentary. It’s an honor for the Union to play the first game of this new television package. It also won’t hurt that Portland’s home crowd is completely bonkers, which helps to make for an amazing TV broadcast.
Here’s the Timbers Army in all of their full-throated lunacy.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return