May 4, 2011, 11:36 PM EST
Move over Bob Costas, Dan Patrick, Bill Cowher, Jerome Bettis, *Izel Jenkins, *Tom Dempsey’s flat-front kicker cleat, *both of the ACL’s Wendell Davis left behind on the Vet turf, and the rest of the 173 other people who are part of the NBC Football Night in America crew (*not actually a member of the show). Fox Soccer Channel kicks off their very own Soccer Night in America this Friday. The first game in this new Friday/Saturday night package features the Union as they travel to the Pacific Northwest to face the expansion Portland Timbers.
Fox Soccer, apparently immune to the jam as much talent as you can on a television set epidemic, will keep their numbers low with a modest cast of four. Eric Wynalda and Christopher Sullivan (and his strangely hypnotizing accent) will handle pregame, halftime, and postgame duties. Union play-by-play man JP Dellacamera will call the action as Kyle Martino provides commentary. It’s an honor for the Union to play the first game of this new television package. It also won’t hurt that Portland’s home crowd is completely bonkers, which helps to make for an amazing TV broadcast.
Here’s the Timbers Army in all of their full-throated lunacy.
|Mo-Cup-Town on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Nick Menta on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages