Nov 22, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Union released their new primary and secondary kits for the 2012 season this afternoon. My first impression is that they seem a bit busier than the previous uniforms. The added accent lines take away some from the classic feel of the old kits, which I enjoyed. That classic look that defined their originals, particularly the blue, is absent here, with a trend much more toward the modern.
They’re not necessarily bad, but a dramatic departure. And you know how people always feel about change upon first seeing it.
What are your initial feelings on the new color scheme and jersey design? [video below]
Here’s a screen cap from the below video which makes the shades of blue appear a bit different than the photo above.
The description from the Union’s official site:
The new primary jersey is inspired by the club’s first primary
jersey, maintaining a navy blue base with a gold center stripe. The new
version features thicker signal blue piping, as well as a center stripe
that extends to the collar and narrows as it reaches the bottom.
The new secondary jersey is a complete variation from the original
gold secondary jersey, featuring a signal blue base and a white center
stripe flanked by gold piping.
And just a reminder: unlike most of the teams we’re used to following, the MLS clubs change unis every two seasons or so. Change is the norm, not a paradigm shift.
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money