Jul 11, 2012, 4:49 PM EST
Major League Baseball is still on hold for a few more days (although TCN will air parts of Roy Halladay’s rehab sting in Clearwater tomorrow night at 7PM) and Summer League basketball isn’t exactly the most riveting of stuff (particularly when five or so of your top guys are sidelined) but the typically slowest sports day of the year gets a big bump this summer. At least in Philadelphia.
(At least hold your tired “but soccer’s not a sport!” until I’m finished)
The Union are, of course, hosting a pretty big semi-final contest in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup this evening down at PPL Park. And according to the Union’s website, you can tune in to watch it live at PhiladelphiaUnion.com.
There you have it. Now you will not be forced to watch the ESPYs.
Here’s Amy Fadool talking about the history of the Cup:
|jim on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Cadiblack32 on Michael Carter-Williams doesn…|
|yishmeister on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages