Video: Ben Revere Finds Tiny Portion of Unpadded Fenway Park Wall, Runs Full Speed Into It, Makes Amazing Catch
May 28, 2013, 10:01 AM EST
The Red Sox ran through the Phillies on Monday night and Ben Revere almost ran through the Fenway Park wall. It was just that kind of night for Philly in Boston.
The rollercoaster ride of the Ben Revere experience continued in the 4th inning when David Ortiz ripped a ball to the wall in center that ended with Revere running almost full speed into the portion of the wall that is actually a grated fence of sorts that is absolutely unpadded. Revere amazingly held on for the catch but was clearly shaken up on the play. He remained in the game but was later taken for X-Rays on his elbow following the loss. They were reportedly negative.
What’s on the other side of that garage door, you ask? Only one of the coolest bars in all of baseball, known as the Bleacher Bar. You can actually see through the door and onto the field at Fenway if you’re chilling inside the bar which is basically part of the Green Monster.
Yet again another incident in walls sneaking up on outfielders. Current Red Sox outfielder and former Phillie Shane Victorino is currently missing the series between the two clubs because he’s on the DL as a result of a Fenway Wall incident of his own.
The Phillies lost the game badly. It was not enjoyable to watch.
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages