Video: Ben Revere Finds Tiny Portion of Unpadded Fenway Park Wall, Runs Full Speed Into It, Makes Amazing Catch
May 28, 2013, 10:01 AM EDT
The Red Sox ran through the Phillies on Monday night and Ben Revere almost ran through the Fenway Park wall. It was just that kind of night for Philly in Boston.
The rollercoaster ride of the Ben Revere experience continued in the 4th inning when David Ortiz ripped a ball to the wall in center that ended with Revere running almost full speed into the portion of the wall that is actually a grated fence of sorts that is absolutely unpadded. Revere amazingly held on for the catch but was clearly shaken up on the play. He remained in the game but was later taken for X-Rays on his elbow following the loss. They were reportedly negative.
What’s on the other side of that garage door, you ask? Only one of the coolest bars in all of baseball, known as the Bleacher Bar. You can actually see through the door and onto the field at Fenway if you’re chilling inside the bar which is basically part of the Green Monster.
Yet again another incident in walls sneaking up on outfielders. Current Red Sox outfielder and former Phillie Shane Victorino is currently missing the series between the two clubs because he’s on the DL as a result of a Fenway Wall incident of his own.
The Phillies lost the game badly. It was not enjoyable to watch.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money