Sep 25, 2013, 3:19 PM EST
The Sixers on Monday made former Minnesota Golden Gopher Rodney Williams the latest to sign a partially-guaranteed deal with the franchise, joining him with Khalif Wyatt, Darius Morris, and Vander Blue.
Williams, you may remember, played for the Sixers’ summer league team in Orlando after going undrafted.
In his final year at Minnesota, the 6-foot-7 guard/forward averaged 10.1 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.3 blocks. Those numbers aren’t anything super impressive, but Williams, if you don’t know, happens to be an athletic freak.
In fact, local fans may best remember him from the Gophers’ 2012 visit to the Tom Gola Arena for a first-round NIT matchup with La Salle.
Yes, Ramon Galloway’s reverse was better, but watch Williams just mess up Earl Pettis’ entire day:
Pettis finished with a team-high 19 points, but Williams bested him with a game-high 21 to go along with six rebounds, as Minnesota ousted La Salle, 70-61.
Your team, your town, your Philadelphia 76ers — currently comprised of a lot recent college kids you’ve maybe heard of.
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages