May 21, 2013, 6:01 PM EST
The good news is Ryan Howard’s knee issue doesn’t appear to be overly serious. It’s not keeping him out of tonight’s lineup at least. The bad news is he’s 0-6 against tonight’s starter Jose Fernandez. That seems to be a trend with the Phillies lineup this evening. Nobody in tonight’s starting nine has a hit off of Fernandez.
Granted, the Fightins have only faced the young right-hander twice. Freddy Galvis actually has two hits off of him, but Charlie has decided to keep him on the bench. Laynce Nix also has a hit off of him, but he doesn’t do much starting these days.
It’s not like Fernandez is the next great thing. He has just baffled the Phillies. Corey Seidman points out the disparity between Philadelphia and the rest:
Fernandez against the Phillies: 0.00 ERA in 13 innings, .071 opponents’ batting average.
Fernandez against all other teams: 4.91 ERA, .261 opponents’ batting average.
Fernandez is a strike-thrower with a mid-90s fastball, a sharp, biting curve in the mid-high 80s and a changeup that he’s used more against the Phillies than against most other teams.
The Phillies will give Tyler Cloyd his second start of the season after an impressive debut a couple of weeks back in Arizona.
With Chooch hitting the DL this morning, Erik Kratz will handle the catching. Humberto Quintero will be available on the bench.
7:10 start time from Florida. Thinking it is about time for Chase Utley to do some voodoo crap in the clubhouse to wake the team’s bats up.
— Phillies (@Phillies) May 21, 2013
|BenE. on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|Turbo on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|corey on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Kunk on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages