Sep 3, 2013, 12:02 PM EST
We all know the Phillies are double digit games under five hundred on the season but last night’s contest against the Nationals proved that even in a lost season, there can still be plenty of excitement in any one game. Last night it came in a late 8th inning comeback led by some old familiar faces.
Started by the bat and base running of Jimmy Rollins, helped with a good eye from Chase Utley, and capped off with the stroke of Chooch, the Phillies came back from a deficit to take the late lead that Jonathan Papelbon did just enough to hold onto.
But it was the J-Roll play at the plate that was extra exciting.
The second you saw Juan Samuel waving Jimmy home you knew it was going to be a real close play. He was gambling for sure. But the decision paid off. With the help of Kevin Frandsen directing him nicely to the inside part of the plate, Jimmy made a fantastic diving slide that just beat the tag and Rollins let some much-welcomed emotion show. J-Roll was pumped.
So, in a season of disappointment, we can at least still enjoy the little things we used to get on a pretty regular basis. Hey, some high fives are better than no high fives.
|Lol on Is Nate Allen good now, part o…|
|Marvin Monroe on Erik Kratz traded for Brad Lin…|
|Adam B on Things that happened during la…|
|willh888 on Erik Kratz traded for Brad Lin…|
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Dad Teaches Son Important Lesson by Letting Him Crash Bike Into Tree
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages