Aug 17, 2013, 12:08 AM EDT
We’re going to hear from pretty much everyone ever associated with the Charlie Manuel Era over the next few days, sharing their thoughts and reflecting on what a great guy Charlie is and how much he loved the game of baseball. Obviously we plan on sharing some of our favorites.
Jimmy Rollins was here in Philadelphia back when Charlie first arrived in town and he was in the clubhouse still wearing a Phillies uniform when Manuel walked out of his office for the final time on Friday afternoon.
So what did J-Roll and Cholly talk about on their final day as player and coach?
Rollins said he was in Cholly’s office for about twenty minutes following Manuel’s goodbye press conference. They didn’t reminisce about the good times they had together. They just laughed like they always have, same old conversation as usual, probably talking about baseball.
Jimmy showed his maturity a bit, not getting too emotional about the situation, noting that important pieces coming and going from organizations is now the business of baseball. This isn’t the first manager J-Roll has seen given a pink slip.
But there was one moment that made my heart grow eleven sizes while listening to Rollins talk about his departed manager.
“I guess I’ll have a fishing buddy now down in Florida,” Rollins said.
For more on Charlie Manuel departing Philadelphia check our Charlie Manuel tag here.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money