Jun 12, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
The misadventures of Ben Revere in center field continued on Tuesday night in Minnesota when the human exclamation point made another awkward and failed attempt at a fly ball to the wall in the fourth inning that led to the Twins taking the early lead.
[watch video of Revere botching a double by Oswaldo Arcia]
As we all know by now, Revere’s defense has not lived up to the hype created when the Phils dealt for him this past offseason. In fact, aside from a few incredible web gems, it’s been downright disappointing. Couple that with his poor production at the plate and you’re left with some angry Phillies fans.
The thing with Revere is… if his offense is going to be THIS bad, his defense has to be AMAZING. Like, Andruw Jones amazing.
— John Stolnis (@FelskeFiles) June 12, 2013
Phillies beat writer Ryan Lawrence wrote about Revere’s return to Minnesota for today’s paper and tried to point out a silver lining in the dark cloud of Revere manning center: Charlie thinks he can get better.
“I think that he shows you he’s capable of making what you’d call real good catches,” manager Charlie Manuel said. “I think that he can definitely get better. He can get better on the routes he runs. He can get better on positioning, stuff like that.”
Hope is all we’ve got at this point.
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money