Jul 15, 2013, 10:08 AM EDT
Knowing that this week would be a struggle and mostly void of any real sport of consequence, the Phillies packed as much baseball as your little Phanatic-colored heart can handle over the last two days — three extra-inning games to be exact and a pair of victories to elevate them to 48-48 on the season.
So while the Phils not named Cliff or Dom get a couple of days off, at least the Fightins are guaranteed to stick at the .500 mark for a while.
They still sit a distant 6.5 games back of the Braves for the division lead, a half game behind the Nationals, and 5.5 back from a wild card spot.
So while you’ll have plenty of time to catch up on the Bachelorette and the Newsroom over the next week, at least you’ll get a chance to see Dom Brown and Cliff Lee represent Philadelphia up in New York tomorrow at the MLB All-Star Game. Not entirely sure what we’ll talk about here all week, we may have to interview Connor Barwin about his Phish fandom.
Ben Revere showed us a little something over the weekend when he gutted it out and busted down the line on a broken foot on Saturday. He’ll have surgery tomorrow morning with Dr. Raikin at the Rothman Institute and could miss 6-8 weeks.
A couple of worthy Phillies links from over the weekend:
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money